- Chris serves companies across a broad range of industries on formations, governance, financings, corporate transactions and M&A deals. Chris represents companies covering the whole span of their lifecycles -- from founders with a new idea to mature companies hoping to sell or pass the business on to the next generation. Chris also represents nonprofits organizations and foundations providing counsel on board oversight, complex transactions, entity structures and general compliance.
Chris has served business and nonprofit clients for 10 years. Before joining Conroy Baran, Chris served as general counsel to a fast-growing nonprofit foundation. Prior to that, he practiced as a partner in the Corporate and M&A group of a large Kansas City law firm.
Chris leverages this experience for companies, nonprofits and investors, often acting as their “outside general counsel” by advising on day-to-day operations as well as significant strategic transactions ranging from angel and seed investments to large venture capital and M&A deals.
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, BA
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, JD, summa cum laude
Current and Past Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- ABA Franchise Forum
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
- Kansas City Metrolpoitan Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Lean Lab Education
- Board of Directors, Lawyers Association of Kansas City, YLS